Disclosure and competitions
Cards on the table:
How do "Five Little Stars" reviews work?
Sometimes we are gifted products to review, sometimes we are paid to review them, sometimes we are invited to go to places for the purpose of a review or we get discounts. All of these things are called "collaborative" or "sponsored" posts. If any of these things happen we will tell you. If there is any ambiguity from the body of the review - we will always add a "P.S." anyway stating this. Not every review or post is collaborative or sponsored though, we find and buy things, or go to places, and just have to tell you about them.
BUT, and this is the important part, we will always be honest. Your trust is paramount. Sometimes we are sent products and we don't like them, and wouldn't want to recommend them to you. In this situation it is really simple - either we don't publish the review, or the review is published and is honest - warts and all.
“Five Little Stars is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk”
What does this mean "In English"? It means if Five Little Stars links a product from Amazon UK on the blog or our social media, and if you click on that link and make a purchase: (a) we are really chuffed to have been useful, and (b) the lovely people at Amazon give us a few pennies (and it really is) per purchase. We save this money up through the year and use it towards the website running costs. So basically, we want to say a little thank you to you for helping Five Little Stars to keep searching and hopefully helping make your life easier.
You will see, subtly positioned at the very bottom of every page, there are some clever little Ads from Google. They read your mind and show you things you may be interested in. If you click and you act, we get pennies. Again these go towards paying to run Five Little Stars for you.
Any Other Affiliate Partnerships
If as part of our work/collaboration with a brand or a place we are gaining any affiliate benefits - i.e. you buy or visit from a review or recommendation from us, and we get something for that, we will tell you.
Blog comments are not pre-moderated, are encouraged to create discussion and to add to blog post content. I reserve the right to moderate or remove comments that are defamatory, abusive, encourage hate of any description or are blatant spam.
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, all photographs are our own, stock photos or we have bought them, and we DO NOT give permission for them to be taken from our website or social media, reproduced or used anywhere in any form, without our express consent.
you've got to be in it to win it
competitions: Standard T&C's
- Entrants must be over the age of 18.
- Entrants must comply with the terms of the individual competition.
- The prize is as stated.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- You must supply a correct email address if requested.
- If a competition requires you to subscribe to the Five Little Stars website, or like/follow our social media - compliance will be checked before the winner if confirmed. If someone drawn has failed to comply - another name will be drawn.
- Five Little Stars uses Rafflecopter to operate and draw competitions.
- Winners are selected at random.
- The winner will be contacted by email within 7 days of the giveaway ending.
- Should we be unable to contact the winner, or should the winner be unable to confirm their acceptance of the prize within 3 days of contacting them, we reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- In order to receive their prize, the winner is required to provide their full name and address which will be provided to the brand supplying the prize.
- The prize will be sent to the winner directly by the collaborating brand, and responsibility for delivery remains with them at all times. Any problems with this should be taken up with the brand directly.
- The prize is provided by a third party brand and not by Five Little Stars.
Any deviation from the above will be noted in the individual competition posting, and that individual posting takes precedence.